Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Waffles

So if you all aren't aware of my love for waffles see here and here.  These ones take the cake though, they are sooo good.  To be honest with you, I am not a pumpkin pie fan, I do like other pumpkin flavored treats, but not pie, so I was skeptical of these waffles, but these are fabulous!  The first time I made them, I think I may have eaten eight four, they were that good!  All my kids love them as well. I would like to tell you that they are good for you, which they are, but I don't want to ruin them for you, because they don't taste "good for you" at all.  They are heavenly!  We have a tradition at my house of eating these on Halloween before we head out trick or treating, but I usually make them Thanksgiving morning as well and several other times through out the year.


Pumpkin Pie Waffles
Adapted from: All Recipes
Yields: About 15 waffles
Time: 35 minutes

1  C whole wheat flour
1/4 C wheat germ
1/3 C sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder

3/4 C milk
1/2 C pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 egg white

Preheat your waffle iron.

Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to combine, set aside

Beat together all the wet ingredients in another large bowl until well combined, stir the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir just until combined, do not over mix.

Ladle the batter onto the preheated waffle iron.  Cook the waffles until golden and slightly crisp, about 5-8 minutes.  Note: These waffles take a little longer to cook than most other waffles.  Serve with whip cream and chopped pecans if desired.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment