Strawberries & Cream Waffles & Strawberry Syrup
Waffles From: Real Mom Kitchen
Syrup from: Our Best Bites
Yields: 16-20 waffles
2 ½ c all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sugar
2 ½ cups whole milk
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz cream cheese, NOT softened
1 c chopped strawberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Cut the cream cheese into slices and then cut each slice into little cubes of cream cheese. Keep them all separated on a plate. Set aside.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Let the batter rest for 2 minutes and then fold in the strawberries. Do not over beat.
- Pour the batter into a preheated waffle iron. The amount of batter will depend on the size of your waffle iron. Then drop a few cubes of the cream cheese into each waffle. I put about 4-6 per waffle. Bake until lightly browned.
- Serve with strawberry syrup and sweetened whipped cream. I was able to get 20 waffles from this recipe in my waffle iron.
1 pint strawberries cut into small pieces
1/3 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Place all ingredients into a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble. Then let simmer for five minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool until it is just warm, about 1/2 hour. If mixture is too hot it will cause an explosion in your blender. So let it cool!
Pour mixture into a blender and blend until desired consistency is reached. Let chill or serve warm over strawberries and cream waffles.