Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"She is ready to Pop" Popcorn

I have had so much fun with this recipe.  I got the idea from a really cute blog called scissorsandspatulas.com.   I made the party favors for my little sisters baby shower and they turned out so cute.  I had to share the idea and recipe with you.  This recipe would also be a fun gift for Mothers Day!

I got the little popcorn boxes from Hobby Lobby (aren't they so stinkin cute?!)  I finished it off with wrapping it in a cellophane bag and tying it with fun ribbon.
 I also found these adorable oversized tea cups and filled them with the delicious popcorn.  They would be perfect for Mother's Day gifts!

"She is ready to Pop" Popcorn
From: scissorsandspatulas.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 1 hour
Print Recipe


3 bags of microwave natural popcorn (1box)
2 bags (12 oz) white chocolate chips
1 bag  (12.6) peanut M&M's
1 bag (12.6) regular M&M's

Microwave 3 bags of popcorn.  Remove all unpopped kernels from bags, then spread 1 bag of popped kernels on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  Sprinkle with a 1/3 of M&M mixture over popcorn.  Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe dish, stirring every 30 seconds until thoroughly melted. Then pour 1/3 of melted white chocolate over popcorn. Then repeat with remaining bags of popcorn, M&M's and white chocolate.

Let sit for 1 hour and then Enjoy!  You might not have any left to give away after it sits for an hour.  It is serious deliciousness!

6 comments:

  1. Hi I have looked all over Hobby Lobby for these boxes- where can i find them, do you have a link? Great job!! :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can order the boxes through the readytopopshop.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for these boxes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought them at Hobby Lobby in the party section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many boxes did you make with this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find the tea cups?

    ReplyDelete