Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blender Wheat Waffles

I love breakfast foods. In fact once a week at my house we have breakfast for dinner. My favorite: Waffles.  I have always loved waffles ever since I was a kid.  There is something about the crunchy outside and the soft inside, topped with peanut butter (my fav) and syrup.  Oh, I do love waffles!  This recipe is made with whole wheat, a great way to use the wheat you have in your basement without using a grinder.  I usually make these on Sunday before we head to church, it keeps my kids full for the three hours we are at church, I don’t even have to pack snacks!

Blender Wheat Waffles
From: Back Pocket Creations
Yields: 10 waffles (I usual double the recipe and freeze the leftovers)

1 C and 1 T whole-wheat kernels, uncooked
1 C Milk
2 Eggs
2 t baking powder
1 ½ t Salt
¼ C Oil
2 T Honey or sugar

Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Preheat waffle iron.

Pour the wheat kernels into a blender (I use my Bosch blender, but any will do) 

Add milk and turn blender on high and blend until smooth. 

My blender does this in about 1 minute, but I have seen others that take up to 5 minutes.  Just keep an eye on it.  Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.  Pour the batter straight from the blender on to the hot waffle iron.  

Serve. We like ours with peanut butter, bananas and maple syrup on top. YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment