Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Cupcakes (Spiders & Bats)

This cupcakes are so cute and so easy to put together.  I was not blessed with the ability to pipe frosting and decorate cakes, so trust me, when I say: "If I can do it, you can do it." You actually can probably do it even better. Very simple and the kids and adults LOVE it!  I made these for my 4-year olds birthday party last night and they were a hit!



I just use a regular cake mix and follow the directions for cupcakes.  I did chocolate flavor for the bats and fun-fetti for the spiders.  Then I used store bought chocolate frosting and store bought vanilla frosting, dyed with orange food coloring. (on the food coloring, my orange always turns out peach, I even use the gels and the neon colors to no avail, any tips?) So make your cupcakes according to package directions, once cool, frost with frosting.  Nothing fancy, just use a knife and smooth it on.  Then on to decorating.

What you will need:

Bats:
24 Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies (extra for accidental breakage)
24 Hershey kisses
1 tube red gel

Cut each cookie in half using a large non serrated knife, like this one.

Place each half of the cookie on the cupcake like so:

You can chose to have the stripes showing or not, I happen to prefer the stripes it breaks up all the dark brown.

Place the kiss in between the cookie halves like this:

Repeat with all the cupcakes.  Then get out your red gel and place two dots on the kisses for eyes. All finished, that is it, easy peasy, and your kids will love you!



Spiders:
24 mini oreo cookies (extra for snacking!)
1 small tube black frosting
1 small tube red gel

Place the oreo in the center of each cupcake.

Then pipe on your red eyes using the red gel.

Then using the black frosting pipe on four spider legs on each side of the oreo.

I told you I have no talent when it comes to piping, so I am sure you can all do a better job with the spider legs.  That is it, all done!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment