Friday, October 21, 2011

Glazed Pumpkin Cookies

Here is another great pumpkin recipe.  Let me tell you that I love Pumpkin cookies, but every-time I have tried to make them they are always under cooked.  I don't know why.  I am usually a pretty good cookie maker and kind of a dessert snob.  I won't eat any desserts that are store bought.  It just isn't worth the calories to me.  However, I have been reduced to eating the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from the store, because I can't get them right at home. So while I haven't had success with the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, I did have success with these cream cheese glazed ones.  These are really good.  I am thinking I could probably add some chocolate chips to the batter and forgo the frosting and they would probably be delicious, but I haven't tried yet. So if any of you try, let me know how they turn out, or give me your pumpkin chocolate chip recipe if you have a good one and I will try them out!

Glazed Pumpkin Cookies
Adapted from: All Recipes
Time: About 40 minutes
Yields: 40 + cookies
Print Recipe

2 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat or a mixture)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 teaspoons milk (as needed)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients with a wire whisk and set aside

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, applesauce and sugars until well blended.  Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.  Beat until creamy.  Stir in dry ingredients just until combined. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Let cool on sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cool flat surface. While the cookies cool, make the glaze.

Combine powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla and beat well with a electric mixer.  Add milk a little at a time to achieve drizzling consistency.  Then drizzle over cookies and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment