Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

I must admit, side dishes are not my thing.  If I am assigned to bring a side dish to a potluck, barbecue, or picnic, I panic, I just don't have many go to recipes that I know will always be a hit.  My sister-in-law, Stacy brought this salad to a family barbecue a couple years ago and I was sold on the first bite.  It is so good.  It is now my go to salad for summer time get-togethers.  You must try it!  This recipe makes a lot, so scale it down if making it for a smaller gathering.
Summer Pasta Salad
From: Stacy Hansen
Yields: 30 servings
Time: 30 minutes

1 16 oz bow tie pasta
3 cups grapes, havled or quartered
3 chicken breasts cooked and diced
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
2 20 oz cans of pineapple chunks, drained
3 celery stalks, diced
1 cup cashews
2 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained

Dressing:
1 cup mayo
8oz kraft coleslaw salad dressing

Cook pasta according to package directions for al-dente. Rinse pasta in cold water. Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix together mayo and dressing until smooth, pour over salad and mix well.  Chill until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment