Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Banana Bread Bundt

I love banana bread, but hate to make it.  Whenever I have a bunch of bananas getting bad I think "Oh, I should make banana bread" but I rarely follow through.  It seems like so many ingredients and it makes such a mess in my kitchen, that I usually don't bother.  Well, this recipe is easy peasy lemon squeezie thanks to a cake mix and it taste just as good, if not a little better than any other recipe I have tried.  This is very moist and delicious!


Banana Bread Bundt
Yields: 16 servings
Time: 10 minutes prep and 1 hour baking time

1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) pkg banana cream flavored instant pudding **
4 eggs
1 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and Flour a bundt pan.
In a large bowl, add all ingredients but the walnuts.  Blend with a mixer on low for 30 seconds then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Fold the nuts into the batter and pour into the bundt pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
Allow bread to cool in the bundt pan for 10 minutes then invert onto onto cooling rack.

** vanilla pudding can be substituted



No comments:

Post a Comment