Friday, July 8, 2011

BLT Pasta Salad

Last month I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay! Click here to find out what that is, if you don't already know, this video is very funny! Anyway, It was really fun and also very exhausting.  I am doing it again next year!  I may be a little crazy, but that is okay, it will be fun!  I made this pasta salad to take with me on the trip.  I thought the carbs from the pasta would be a good way to get some energy for all my runs.  I didn't realize that it would taste so good and turn into my new favorite pasta salad.  I have made this salad three more times to take to potlucks and picnics and it is always a hit. Very simple to throw together and it can be made ahead of time if you need to or serve it right away.

BLT Pasta Salad
Adapted from: myrecipes.com
Yields: 4-6 servings
Time: 25 minutes
Print Recipe

8oz penne pasta
1/4 C olive oil
2 T finely chopped red onion
2 T red wine vinegar
1 t dijon mustard
1/2 t salt
10 strips cooked bacon (I used the precooked kind crisped in the microwave)
1 (7oz) bag spinach leaves
2 C cherry tomatoes, cut in to quarters
1/3 C grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta al-dente according to package directions.  Drain, then rinse with cold water until it is cool. Transfer to a large salad bowl. Add oil, onion, vinegar, mustard, and salt, then toss well.

Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces, add to pasta with spinach, tomatoes, and cheese.  Toss well and serve immediately or store in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment