Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Star Spangled Dipper Treats

4th of July is my favorite holiday and so I take a vow, that from this day on until the 4th of July my posts will be red, white and blue themed.  I am not sure if I can do it, but lets see if I can reach into my "back pocket" of recipes and keep my promise.
This little rice krispie idea I got from my friend, she brought them to my husbands birthday party and I thought they were so cute!





Star Spangled Dipper Treats
From: Brit
Serves: 12 Treats
Time: 30 minutes


6 Tablespoons Butter
1 (16oz) bag of mini marshmallows
8 Cups Rice Krispie Cereal
1 bag of milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
assortment of candy sprinkles


1.  In a large sauce pan on medium to low heat, melt butter then slowly stir in marshmallows.  Continue to heat and stir constantly until marshmallow mixture is smooth.

2.  Take pan off of heat and add rice krispie cereal and stir until well blended.

3. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish.



4. Let treats cool.  ( I stuck mine in the freezer for about 1/2 hour)

5.  Melt white chocolate or milk chocolate in a microwave safe dish for 30 second increments until chocolate is melted.

6.  Cut rice krispie treats into squares and put a popcycle stick or skewer stick into the treat and then dip into melted chocolate, add sprinkles and lay on wax paper to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment