Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spicy Baked Fries

I love fries, I always have, so when I first was given a "baked" fry recipe I was a little skeptical.  However, I am hear to tell you that baked fries are just as good as fried fries, maybe even better, especially this recipe. I have played around with the spices over the years and I think I have achieved perfections!  These are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, just like a fry should be.  Give them a try, I am sure you will love them as much as I do.




Baked Spicy Fries
From: Meg @ Back Pocket Creations
Yields: 5-6 servings
Time: 1 hour
Print Recipe

6 medium russet potatoes
2 T olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sugar

Pre-heat oven to 400

Mix spices and oil in a large bowl (preferably one that has a lid).

Wash and cut potatoes into 8 slices each, add potatoes to seasonings.

Put on lid and shake to coat.  If no lid, just toss with your hands.

Lightly crumple some foil and place it on a baking sheet, the crumpling ensures that your fries will bake evenly without having to turn or rotate during cooking, it is ingenious!

Spray the foil with cooking spray and then arrange potato wedges on foil.

Bake for 40 minutes.  Serve with ketchup, fry sauce or ranch.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment