Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I was skeptical when I first made this dip a couple years ago for a Super Bowl party.  Skeptical because, A) my husband does not like overly spicy and B) it seemed so simple, with simple ingredients that I couldn’t imagine that it would taste that great.  Well, I was wrong on both counts.  It is not overly spicy, but a perfect blend of cheese and cream with just a hint of spice.  I love this dip so much that I took the bulk of it away from the party so I could have it all to myself!  Many things can be dipped in this, but the best is French bread, a distance second it Ritz crackers and then tortilla chips.  Carrots can also be used to dip.


Jalapeno Popper Dip
Time: 30 minutes
Yields 10-15 servings

2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 C mayonnaise (I use light)
1 (4oz) can green chilies
1 (2oz) can diced jalapenos, drained
1 1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
Bread Crumbs for garnish (optional)

Cream together in a large bowl cream cheese and mayo, add chilies and jalapenos, mix well.  Fold in the cheese.  Now you can either pour into a 9x9 pan, top with bread crumbs and bake at 325 for 20 minutes or you can put it in a crock pot and cook on low for about 1 to 2 hours.  This dip is best served warm, so I prefer  the crock pot method so it will stay warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment