Friday, July 29, 2011

Spicy T-bone Steak Rub

So my sweet, charitable dad purchased a 1/2 of a cow a few months ago and split up all the meat between himself and me and my sisters, I was ecstatic to get all this free beef.  However, some of the cuts of meat I got I had never prepared before so I had to figure something out.  One of these cuts was the T-bone steak.  I searched the web for a recipe and couldn't really find any that sounded good until I came upon this rub at all recipes.com.  So I tried it out and let me tell you, it is so good.  You will love it!  So go buy some T-bones and grill this up tonight, you will not be disappointed.


Spicy T-bone Steak Rub
Adapted from: All Recipes
Time: 15 minutes
Yields: This will cover two large T-bones
Print Recipe

2 (16 oz) T-bone steaks at room temperature
3 teaspoons kosher salt
3 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
2 tablespoons butter

Pre-heat your grill to high heat and lightly oil the grate (Pam for grilling works fabulous).

Add all spices in a small bowl and combine well. Then rub generously on both sides of your steak.

Cook on preheated grill until desired doneness is reached, about 5-7 minutes on each side for medium.  Take the steaks off the grill and quickly add a tablespoon of butter to each steak and let it melt over the top.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment