Tuesday, July 19, 2011

S'more Cookies

I can hardly contain my excitement about this recipe!  I totally made these up and I was so nervous that they would not turn out, but the did and they are my new favorite cookie.  They are sooo good.  You need to give these a try.  While they may be a bit more work than regular s'mores they are much simpler and cleaner to eat.  Especially for kids.  Yummy, I love these, I will be making these all summer long!  I apologize for not getting very good pictures of these, I was too busy eating them to take too much time on a picture, but you get the idea.



S'more Cookies
From: Meg @ Back Pocket Creations
Yields: 28 cookies
Time: About 1 hour 15 minutes-but worth every second!
Print Recipe

3 C flour
1 t  salt
1 t baking soda
1/2 C butter
1/2 C butter flavored shortening
3/4 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
1 package graham crackers, crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
5 regular size Hershey bars
14 large marshmallows

Pre-heat oven to 350

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking soda, set aside.  In another large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars with an electric mixer for about 2-4 minutes.  Add the eggs and vanilla and beat for another minute.  Slowly add the flour mixture and then the graham crackers.

Now time to create the masterpiece!  Separate your Hershey bars in to two squares each, they don't need to be hooked together.  Cut each marshmallow in half, this works best if the marshmallows are slightly frozen and using kitchen scissors.

Now scoop out a rounded tablespoon of dough and flatten it on your counter top. Place your chocolate on top and then top that with a marshmallow

Scoop out another rounded tablespoon of dough flatten it out and place on top of the marshmallow

Now, scoop the entire structure into your hands and form a nice round ball, place on a parchment lined cookies sheet.


Bake for 10-13 minutes.  Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes before transferring to a cool flat surface.



2 comments:

  1. I attempted these and must admit, I will NOT try them again. I felt like it was WAY WAY too much work for not the best result. My dough was crumbly and I could not seem to form them into "nice balls." Maybe I did something wrong, but these did not turn out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous: I am so sorry these did not turn out for you. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe too much flour? I did make the dough ahead of time and refrigerated it over night, just for time sake and maybe that made the dough less crumbly. Although, my dough was crumbly too, just not so much that I had a hard time forming the balls. I know you won't try again, but less flour or more butter would probably do the trick for those of you trying for the first time.

    ReplyDelete