From: Meg @ back pocket creations
Yields: 3 Servings
Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1/3 C mayonnaise
- 1/3 C sour cream
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 baguette
- 1/4-1/2 pound of sliced turkey or ham or a mixture of both
- 6 slices cooked bacon (I use turkey bacon)
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 pieces of sliced cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to broil or preheat grill on medium-low heat.
- Mix mayo, sour cream, onions, cumin, and chili powder together in a small bowl
- Slice the bread length wise.
- Spread mayo mixture on both sides of the bread. On bottom half layer turkey, bacon, avocado, and then cheese.
- Cover with top half and cut sandwich crosswise into 1 1/2 inch pieces Using metal skewers or bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water, thread each piece of sandwich on to the skewers.
- If cooking in the oven place the skewers on to a cookie sheet and put into the oven. Make sure the rack is in the middle of the oven, at least 6 inches away from the heat. Cook for 5 minutes, pull skewers out and rotate a 1/2 turn, put back in the oven for about 3 minutes. Serve
- If cooking on a grill, place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 5-10 minutes rotating the skewers once.