Friday, June 3, 2011

Brown Sugar Salmon

I love salmon when it is done right.  My favorite Salmon is at Outback Restaurant; it is broiled and served with an amazing dill sauce. Since we don’t make it to Outback very often I have made several attempts to duplicate the dill sauce, but have yet to succeed, but I will keep trying, and be sure to post it when I do.  This salmon is going a whole different way, but is equally delicious.  I was so happy that this turned out to be so good, I thoroughly enjoyed it and so did every last member of my family, including the picky ones, which is most of them, the husband, the 6-year old and the 3-year old gobbled it up!  I baked mine in the oven because it was nasty weather that day, but this can be grilled as well.

Brown Sugar Salmon
From: Meg
Yields: 5 servings
Time: 5 minutes prep time. 1 hour marinate. 20 minute cook time

1/4 C olive oil
1/4 C soy sauce
1/2 Brown Sugar (split)
1 t garlic powder
1-2 pounds salmon filet- skin on or off is fine.

In a small bowl mix oil, soy sauce, 1/4 C brown sugar and garlic powder.

Using kitchen scissors cut the salmon filet into how many servings you want. They don't have to be the same size.  I cut mine into 3 smaller pieces for the kids and 2 larger pieces for me and the hubby.   Place salmon pieces into a ziploc bag and pour soy sauce mixture on top.  Refrigerate and allow to marinate for about 1 hour, or up to 3 hours.

Pre-heat oven to 400. Take salmon pieces out and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet skin side down. Sprinkle remaining sugar evenly on top of each salmon piece.  

Bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.  To serve, gently pull the fish off the skin, it should slide right off.  

If grilling, you can wrap each individual piece in heavy duty tin foil and grill on medium heat, skin side down for about 15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment