If you are a choco-holic like me, I have just the thing for you. These Oreo Truffles are so easy to make and taste like a million bucks...chocolate bucks that is ;)
This is all the ingredients you will need:
Servings: 2 1/2 dozen
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
2 pkg (8 oz.) Mini Oreos
1 pkg (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
1 pkg (11.5 oz.) chocolate chips
1. Put Oreo's in a zip lock baggie and crush cookies into crumbs, or chop in a food processor.
2. Set aside 1/4 cup of the Oreo crumbs.
3. Mix Oreo crumbs with softened cream cheese
4. Roll Oreo mixture into 1 inch balls and set on wax-paper covered baking sheet.
5. Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe dish for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
6. Dip balls into chocolate, using 2 forks, this allows the excess chocolate to run off.
7. Then top the balls with set aside Oreo crumbs
8. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Store leftovers truffles, covered, in the fridge.