Monday, April 4, 2011

Spinach Salad with Rumbi Dressing

This salad is so good.  It has lots of different flavors and textures, but they all blend together so well.  I adapted the dressing from Jamie Cooks it Up!  it is a knock off of a salad dressing that they use on one of the salads at Rumbi Island Grill.  I love Rumbi, everything I have ever had there is so good, so I had to give this dressing a try and it was  delicious.  I made this salad for an all girl (and kids) get together this last Saturday night and it was a hit with everyone!

Spinach Salad with Rumbi Dressing
Salad from: Meg @ Back Pocket Creations
Dressing from: Jamie Cooks it Up!
Yields: 8 Servings

Salad:
1 C  Almonds
4 T Sugar
1 bag 10 oz Spinach
1-2 cooked and diced chicken breast (depends on it you want a lot or a little chicken)
 1/3 C Feta Cheese
2 Cans Mandarin Oranges
1 Medium Apple diced (any kind, I used gala)
1/4 C Red onion sliced

Pour your cup of almonds and sugar into a  pan and saute on med-high heat stirring often until the sugar turns a light brown color, about 10 minutes.  When finished, let cool while you prepare the rest of the salad (the almonds can be made a couple days in advance, just store in a airtight container).  Pour the spinach in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients, saving the almonds until last.  Or if you have picky eaters, like I do, you can put each ingredient into a separate bowl and let them make their own salad.

Dressing:
3 T Dijon Mustard
2T Lime Juice
1 t Chili Powder
2/3 C Mayo (I use light)
6 T White Sugar
3T Soy Sauce
6 T Rice Vinegar
1 1/2 T Minced Garlic
1T Ginger Powder

You can use a blender or a food processor for this dressing, but I use one of these:
It is really quite cool, just add all the ingredients, add the little whisk, put the lid on and shake.  I got this at GNC.  It is called "Blender Bottle" and you can find them online too. This dressing makes about 1 1/2 cups.


"Put that in your back pocket"
-Meg


2 comments:

  1. oh! i am so happy you girls can join together and make this site! How stinkin' fun. I love the content so far. keep it up!

    Tristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved it! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete