Friday, September 9, 2011

Chili Lime Drumsticks

I used to not be a lover of dark meat chicken.  It was a chicken breast or nothing for me and my husband, but one night while having dinner at my mom's house she made drumsticks and my kids were hooked on the idea of eating chicken legs ( should I be worried?) They thought it was so awesome and  to my surprise they were really tasty.  So I have branched out to different cuts of chicken and stubbled across this recipe.  This is so simple to throw together and taste so good.  Kids and adults love it at my house.

Chili Lime Drumsticks
From: All You
Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
Print Recipe 

8 Chicken drumsticks (skin removed)
4 T butter, melted and cooled
1/4 C fresh lime juice
1 T chili powder
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 t sugar

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Place chicken in a large baking pan lined with foil that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.

Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over drumsticks, turn them to coat. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.  Remove foil and turn drumsticks; bake until cooked through about 25-30 minutes, basting often with pan juices.  Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve hot; or let cool, cover and refrigerate and serve cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment