Monday, May 2, 2011

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken

I am waiting and waiting for spring to get here and I think it might actually be here this week! Yah! So it is a perfect time to I dust off the grill and make this awesome teriyaki chicken. This is perfect for those upcoming summer barbeques. I often make this for guests and they always leave with the recipe in hand. My kids love it too, so it graces our dinner table often. It is best grilled, but I have been known to cook it over the stop top or in the oven during the winter. I have also used pork and steak in this marinade and it is delicious as well. You have to try this recipe, seriously it is so good.
Teriyaki Chicken
From: All Recipes
Time: 20 minutes prep, 6 hours marinate, 15 minutes cook time
Yields: 6 servings
Print Recipe
1 (6 oz) can pineapple juice
¼ C Soy sauce
¼ C Vegetable oil
3 T brown sugar
1 t garlic powder
¼ t black pepper
6 chicken breast cut into chunks (pork or steak can be used)
Pineapple (fresh or canned)
Mix the first five ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour into a Ziploc bag, add chicken and marinate for at least six hours or overnight.
Thread chicken and pineapple onto metal skewers or soaked wooden skewers. My kids don’t like grilled pineapple, so I usually serve it on the side, you can do whichever you prefer. Grilled pineapple is yummy though. Discard marinade. Heat a grill at medium-high heat and cook chicken for about 15 minutes, rotating every 3-4 minutes. You can always broil it in the oven or pan fry it on the stop top as well, but nothing beats the grill. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment