Friday, April 29, 2011

Peanut Butter Truffles

Oh my gosh. These things are good. So good that I may or may not have eaten half of them all by myself. So good that I had to hide them from the rest of my family, so I could enjoy anytime I wanted. So good that I snuck a bagful into the movie theatre with me. And finally, so good, it is literally impossible to eat just one. Or four. Or thirty!  So good that I had a million other things to post and these truffles trumped them all.

A sweet, creamy, peanut buttery center loaded with toffee bits and pretzel pieces is dipped in chocolate and topped with additional crunchy delights. A worthy snack for a group of starving kids or elegant enough to serve at the end of a dinner party, these truffles have taken up a constant spot in my treat rotation!  A big thanks to Mel and My Kitchen Café for the recipe!

Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles
From: My Kitchen Café
Yields: 5-6 dozen
Print Recipe
  •  1 Stick Butter, softened
  • 2 C Powdered sugar
  • 2 C Peanut Butter
  • 1 C Toffee bits
  • 2 C Pretzels, crushed
  •  1 Pound Chocolate (I dipped half in Cadbury milk chocolate and half in Hersey’s milk chocolate chips, I prefer the Cadbury, but you can use any kind of chocolate you want, dark, semisweet, etc)
  • 2 T Shortening
  • Chopped nuts or pretzels for garnish
 In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until evenly combined.  Add the peanut butter and mix well. Scrapping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in the toffee bits and pretzels just until combined.

Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.  Roll the peanut butter mixture in to 1-inch balls and place them on the lined baking sheets.  Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze for 15-20 minutes until firm.  At this point, the balls can be transferred to a sealed container or a Ziploc bag and frozen for up to two months!





Meanwhile, put the chocolate and shortening together in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30-second intervals until smooth.


One by one toss a peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, using a fork cover the ball with chocolate. Lift the covered truffle with the fork; scrape the edge of the bowl to let the excess chocolate fall through the tines of the fork. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle your garnish of choice on top of the wet chocolate before it sets.


Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.  Can be refrigerated for up to a week before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment