Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin (slow cooker)

So I must admit, after posting all the fun Halloween and fall recipes in October, I wasn't very excited about posting anything for November until I had this amazing pork last week.  Oh my, it is so good. I couldn't get enough of it. My whole family gobbled it up too.The pork taste delicious on its own, but then you add the sweet tasting glaze and you are in heaven. So. Good.

Even though the pork loin can be a little pricey this is definitely going into the regular rounds at my house.  I love it so much!  My new favorite meal! To make it even more wonderful, it is so very, very simple to make.



Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin
Serves: 6-8
Time: 5 minutes prep+ 6-8 hours in slow cooker + 10 minutes to make sauce

Pork:
2-3 pound boneless pork loin roast, trimmed of large fat pockets
2 teaspoons ground sage
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup water

Glaze:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons soy sauce

In a small bowl, combine the sage, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Rub spices all over the roast. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup water.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Near the end of the cooking time combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened.  Remove the pork from the slow cooker, place on a plate or platter and shred, drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment